The perfect cookie for your Christmas cookie swap, party, or for Santa! These white chocolate cranberry pecan cookies truly melt in your mouth and they will make your kitchen smell amazing.
I wanted a cookie that combined some of my favorite ingredients that I usually keep in my pantry. They are buttery, crispy on the outside, and super chewy in the middle. Just about perfect.
The minute Thanksgiving is over, my family gets into full Christmas mode. I’ve had the Hallmark channel on 24/7 and Daniel and I have watched a Christmas movie every night. I am so excited for our first married Christmas and it has already been so special creating our own traditions.
I leave for the Greenbrier tomorrow and couldn’t be more excited! I’m joining Caroline from LCB style and Kate from Lonestar Southern, two fashion bloggers that I absolutely love. I still can’t believe I got the invite… We are going to promote the Greenbrier’s Christmas events which are completely MAGICAL. Stay tuned for lots of pictures and videos! It is the most amazing place to spend Christmas.
White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
Yields 25-30 cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped white chocolate (I used a bar of Baker’s white chocolate) or chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium sized mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and then with your mixer on low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped white chocolate, cranberries and pecans. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After the dough is chilled, scoop it using a medium sized ice cream scoop and space them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown on the edges but still soft in the middle.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack and store in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
This dough freezes beautifully. Simply scoop the dough using a medium sized ice cream scoop into a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months!